Discretionary Assistance Fund - The Information You Will Need to Hand
You should make sure you have the following information to hand before you apply to DAF:
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your contact telephone numbers
- For EAP applications – please ensure you provide the correct mobile number you need the PayPoint voucher code to go
- The full names, national insurance numbers and dates of birth of everyone living in the household
- Your current full address and postcode
- Your address history
- Your prison address (if recently released)
- If applicable – your tenancy start date and full address details of any property you are moving to
- Your benefit information – what benefits you receive, how much get and how regularly
- The details of any organisations that are helping you
- All household income and expenses
- Your current savings amounts
- What you need from DAF
- What circumstances are you facing and why do you need support from DAF
If you are applying for an EAP – you must be able to explain what kind of emergency or disaster you have experienced. Please ensure you have all necessary information to hand – i.e. police crime reference number if you are a victim of crime.
You should ensure you only apply for items that are eligible through the Fund.
If you are working with an organisation to support you, it may be worth speaking to your support worker or similar before you contact the DAF – they may be able to help you with your application. Click here to find out how to get help to complete an application.